07 September 2013

Runner's Band & Drop-bag

I have now signed in and recievied my race bib #489. A fairly smooth process, but it still took over 1 hour in line. I am now equiped with the Runner's band around my left wrist and hopefully it will stay on all the way back to Courmayeur.


I also recieved my yellow drop-bag. I had been scared that it was very small, but was surprised that it were plenty of room left when packed so I even could throw in an extra pair of shoes. Decided to start my race in La Sportiva Helios shoes in the end, I think they will be best during such a long and stony run as TDG, but I have two pair of sponsored Salomon shoes in the bag (S-Lab Sense Ultra and XT5) in case not. I was also able to easily fit all my compulsory equipment into my old Salomon S-Lab Skins 12 bag. The weather forecast indicates cold nights and I will have to switch clothes at the first life base in Valgrisanche which I expect to reach Sunday evening. There I will probably swith headlight, in my bag I now have two Petzl Myo RXP, but have a much stronger, but slightly heavier, Australian Ay-Up HT13 system in my drop bag that I probably will use my first night when I hope to descend the steep, and supposedly quite scary, Col Fenetre.


I have also spent part of my day shaving the inside of my thighs, as I am prone to chaffing there and it is easier to apply sportslick and, if I still develop sores put on bandages. My feet and legs feel just fine. Now soon time for the pasta party and technical briefing.

No comments:

Post a Comment