13 May 2013

A good week and weekend

This has been a very inspirational weekend for ultrarunners. I followed the Transvulcania race live over the net yesterday and it was nerve wrecking almost to the end in both the men’s and women’s competitions. In the men’s race excelled Kilian Jornet and won despite just having started the running season. In the women’s race the new Swedish superstar Emelie Forsberg won her first ultra competition in the skyrunning series, also without many miles in her legs so far this season.  I also followed the 10th IAU 24 Hour World and 19th European Championships in Steenbergen over the net. If it was hot in La Palma during Transvulcania it was cold and rainy in Steenbergen and it might have affected the distances covered. There were several Swedes that made good results, among them Andreas Falk and Sandra Lundqvist.

It has been a reasonably good week for me as well with regards to running. I have started to focus on technical up and downhill running. To cover more distance, while fitting it into a hectic schedule of work and family life, I have started to run to and from work. I have also established my first collaborations with sponsors before Tor des Géants. I am very happy to be able to collaborate with 2XU regarding compression clothing, Enervit regarding nutrition and Salomon regarding shoes. I will describe the individual products in more detail further on in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment